Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What is Sult og Mer


Sult was the title of a Knut Hamsun novel that I read when I was a high school student at Grefsen Gymnas in Oslo, Norway. This blog has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the book, which is typically dark like the Scandinavian personality stereotype - which I have finally come to accept that I have. It has to do with the word, which means hunger. Hunger and more. It's mostly about food hunger but also spiritual hunger and some other stuff that I might be interested in. These days though it's mostly about food, good food, healthy food, with occasional decadent chocolate indulgences.
Today the office talk was all about tofu. I had brought in a package of fried soft tofu that I got at HMart, a super sized Asian market in Burlington. My fellow veggie coworker was so excited to cut the package open, and we were pleasantly surprised at the round puffs of tofu, not unlike mini beignets. She ate them cold, I heated a few in a wrap with hummus and arugula. Delicious! H Mart is THE best place to get tofu, any kind of tofu, there is a wall of it, all consistencies and types, after my first trip I cannot in good conscience EVER buy tofu at a regular grocery store again!

No comments:

Post a Comment