Monday, August 9, 2010

Santa Monica - on the road to recovery



Looking at this photo and comparing it to a more recent one, it's like night and day as far as how healthy I look. This was at the beginning - my diagnosis, depression and fear of food. At the wonderful Urth Cafe in Santa Monica I had small dishes of beans(which don't bother me in moderation - but if you are fructose intolerant better check it out before eating in a restaurant), avocado, rice and cheese(took a lactaid) and had on lettuce as they didnt have corn tortillas. It was great! And was the beginning of thinking - yes, maybe I can do this. Drinking ice tea which is my staple in restaurants as well as sparkling water.

I lived on corn tortillas with rice and beans and happen to LOVE them. Hugo's Taco stand in LA is awesome and very very cheap - wish I had taken a photo - next time!!!!

I also indulged in sugar free frozen yogurt at Menchie's (read the labels and they use small amounts of dextrose which I CAN have) with nuts as topping. There were so many choices here that I cannot wait to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment